24 graham crackers, crushed
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 9-inch graham cracker pie crust pre-made
3 eggs, beaten
1 can (14 ounce) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup lemon juice
6 tablespoons tequila (a little over 1/3 cup)
1 cup sour cream (1 8 ounce container)
1 tablespoon sugar (regular granulated sugar)
If preparing your own crust, mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and brown sugar in a bowl
Press crumb mixture into an 8-in or 9-in pie dish to form a crust
Whisk eggs and sweetened condensed milk together in a large saucepan
Stir in Lemon Juice and Tequila into the egg mixture
Slowly bring the egg mixture just to a boil over medium-low heat, stir constantly until mixture thickens. Remove pan from heat and let it cool slightly
Pour egg mixture into the pie crust
Whisk together the sour cream and sugar until well mixed.
Spoon or gently pour sour cream mixture evenly over the lemon filling
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Once set, grate lemon or lime peel over the pie to add nice color
I love the blog “Free Kindle Books and Tips“. I find all kinds of great free books because of this site. I know that one of these days I’m going to need to know how to reset my Kindle and I’ll need to be able to find these instructions again.
Every now and then your Kindle may stop updating, or it won’t download the latest item you’ve added to your collection.
If this happens to you, you will need to reboot your Kindle. Here is how you do it:
- Click the “Home” button to get back to your home screen.
- Click the “Menu” button, and select “Settings.”
- You will see several options, but “reboot” is not one of those options. Press the “Menu” button again.
- You will have several options, but choose and click the “Restart” button.Once you do that, it will take about 1-2 minutes to reboot. Make sure your wireless is on, and the Kindle will go look in the Amazon store to see what is pending to be downloaded and viola! You should be back in business. If you ever need to restart your Kindle, I hope this helps!
via Kindle Reset Instructions | Free Kindle Books and Tips.
I do believe in adaptations to recipes I find. Of course, if I don’t write down what I’ve done, I completely forget. That’s the main reason I’ve started trying to write down these ideas. Maybe I’ll actually be able to make the same dish again! So, here’s the latest one, Buffalo Parmesan Chicken.
When I started this recipe the chicken was still sitting in my freezer. Thank goodness my microwave has a defrost button! From freezer to oven only took me about 30 minutes, including defrost time.
Giving credit where credit is due, I started with this recipe for Melt in your mouth chicken.
Buffalo Parmesan Chicken
2 boneless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup of mayonnaise, I like Kraft Mayo with Olive Oil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, mine came in a plastic shaker container already grated, but you’re welcome to use fresh parmesan
2 tsps buffalo wing sauce, I like Frank’s, I just wanted a hint of spice, but if you like your wing sauce you can use more
ground black pepper to taste
2 tsps Penzeys Pasta Sprinkle or any Italian blend seasoning mix
Grease a baking dish
Mix together mayo, cheese, sauce, and seasonings.
Spread the mixture on both sides of the chicken
Bake at 375º for 45 minutes
I originally found this recipe on Pinterest. It looked “oh so good” in the picture that I just had to try it. I decided to make a couple of changes to the original recipe, so I’m going to outline my version below.
Sticky Bun Ring from Buttermilk Biscuits
1 tube Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1/3 C. packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
chopped pecans, optional
I made mine in an Angel Food cake pan. Spray the pan with non-stick spray. Combine the melted butter and syrup in a small bowl and pour about half of the syrup mixture into the bottom of the pan. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top and sprinkle in some chopped pecans if you’re using them. Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan, overlapping edges (close together) to form a ring. Top with remaining sugar and syrup mixtures and a few more pecans. Try to make sure all the brown sugar gets wet with the syrup. Bake at 375 degrees for approximately30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter.
Changes from original recipe:
- The original recipe called for any type of syrup. While I obviously don’t expect this to be a diet food, I thought I could reduce the glycemic impact a bit by using sugar free syrup. I thought the flavor was excellent.
- I used more cinnamon. The original called for 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and not only did I mix in 1 tsp with the brown sugar, I proceeded to sprinkle even more into the pan as I went along. I really like cinnamon.
- The original recipe recommended a 20 to 25 minute bake time. I took mine out somewhere in-between the 2 because it looked done. Once I let it sit and turned it out, it looked beautiful, but I found that the biscuit dough which had been in the bottom of the pan was not quite done enough. I recommend leaving them in for 30 minutes unless your oven cooks faster than average.
What I want to change next time and other thoughts:
- Next time, I want to try Splenda Brown Sugar blend in place of the regular brown sugar. This should improve the glycemic load a little bit more.
- Soak raisins or other dried fruits such as cranberries or cherries in warm water and add them with (or instead of) the pecans.
So, you created a new template for Word. Whether it is a letterhead file or a template for your school reports, you need Word to be able to find that file when you select “New” to start a new document. By default, user templates files are stored in the following location:
In Windows XP
C:Documents and Settings user name Application DataMicrosoftTemplates
In Windows Vista or in Windows 7
C:Users user name AppDataRoamingMicrosoftTemplates
via How to manage templates in 2007 Office programs and in 2010 Office programs.
Create a new, blank document. Hit your Enter key a few times, then type:
and hit Enter. This provides some sample text.
How do I change my wordpress URL back to its old settings « tips for techies.
Go to your MySQL Command Line Client
Enter password that you used when you set up wordpress.
You will see a mysql> prompt.
Select wordpress database by typing “use wordpress” or whatever wordpress database name you used.
mysql> UPDATE wp_options SET option_value = replace(option_value, ‘http://the_url_that_messed_you_up’, ‘http://the_old_url_you_want_to_revert_back_to’) WHERE option_name = ‘home’ OR option_name = ‘siteurl’;
If you are successful, you should see the following:
Query OK, 2 rows affected (0.02 sec)
Rows matched: 2 Changed: 2 Warnings: 0
If you have a contact whose email you want to have STAND OUT, you can create a rule which will make all mail from that contact show up in a different color. I know this works in Outlook 2007. I don’t have 2010 to test it there.
- Start Outlook. Click on your Inbox.
- Click on “Tools”, then “Organize” to open the “Ways to Organize Inbox” panel.
- Select the option “Using Colors” in the menu on the left.
- If you have the message from the person already selected, their name should show up in the “Color Messages” “from” box. If not, type of select the contact. You can color messages sent to or from the contact. Select the color you wish to use. Select Apply Color.
Please sign this petition. You don’t have to live in Florida to sign.